API’s circular polarizing filters are optimal for display, camera, and sensor applications where sensitivity to linearly polarized light is an issue, but glare reduction is required. Circular polarization is also used in passive 3D applications as an alternative to a linear polarizer filter.
API circular polarizers combine a linear polarizer and a quarter wave plate. We offer standard circular polarized products or custom laminations to meet your design needs. Our 50+ years of experience of making polarized filters allow us to produce a circular polarizer that has excellent glare reduction, high resolution, and very good environmental stability for all your optical filter and imaging requirements.
- Visible light, near IR and UV spectrum
- Multiple colors and transmission values
- Available in film and acrylic or glass laminations
- In-stock or custom shapes and sizes
- Optional anti-reflective, anti-glare hard coatings, and clear hard coatings
- Custom circular polarizing optical filters
Want to learn more? See how circular polarization works.