Quarter Wave, Half Wave & Full Wave Plate Film
Our quarter wave, half wave, and full wave plates (retarders) are high quality single layer polycarbonate films for excellent performance and clarity. A waveplate is a birefringent material that alters (retard) the polarization state or phase of light traveling through it.
Our wave plates feature uniform birefringence, very low haze, good environmental stability and excellent wide-angle view performance. API also laminates our polymer wave retarder films to acrylic or glass for increased durability and optical performance.
- 1/4 wave, 1/2 wave and full wave
- Excellent clarity and uniform birefringence
- Polycarbonate based polymer film
- In-stock or custom shapes and sizes
- High performance near achromatic quarter wave plate available
Want to learn more? See how waveplates and retarders work.