Film Quarter Wave, Half Wave, and Full Wave Retarder Plates
Our quarter wave, half wave, and full wave retarder plates are high quality single layer polycarbonate films for excellent performance and clarity. A wave plate is a birefringent material that alters (retard) the polarization state or phase of light traveling through it.
Our wave plates feature uniform birefringence, very low haze, good environmental stability and excellent wide-angle view performance. API also laminates our polymer quarter wave retarder film and half wave plate to acrylic or glass for increased durability and optical performance.
- 1/4 wave, 1/2 wave, and full wave polymer based polycarbonate films
- Quarter wave available in various wavelengths
- High performance near achromatic quarter wave available
- Excellent clarity, high temperature performance, uniform birefringence
- Glass and acrylic laminate options
- Laser & waterjet cutting for acrylic and glass laminates
Want to learn more about wave retarders? See how it works.