Glass Quarter Wave, Half Wave, and Full Wave Retarders
API quarter wave, half wave, and full wave retarders are chromatic single layer polycarbonate films for great performance and clarity. Wave retarders are birefringent materials that alter (retard) the polarization state or phase of light traveling through them.
We also offer a high performance near achromatic (450-700nm) quarter wave plates that, like our standard wave plate films, is available in film, acrylic laminated, or glass laminated.
Our wave retarders feature uniform birefringence, very low haze, good environmental stability and excellent wide-angle viewing performance. API can laminate quarter wave retarders in 560nm (140nm OPD) and half wave retarders in 560nm (280nm OPD) for increased durability and optical performance.
- 1/4 wave, 1/2 wave, and full wave plates
- High clarity, Uniform birefringence
- Polycarbonate based polymer films
- Also available as a film or acrylic laminate
- Laser & waterjet cutting services for acrylic and glass laminates
Want to learn more about wave retarders? See how it works.