Glass Quarter Wave, Half Wave, and Full Wave Retarders
API quarter wave, half wave, and full wave retarders are chromatic single layer polycarbonate films for great performance and clarity. Wave retarders are birefringent materials that alter (retard) the polarization state or phase of light traveling through them.
We also offer a high performance achromatic quarter wave retarder that, like our other wave retarders, is available in film, acrylic laminated, or glass laminated.
Our wave retarders feature uniform birefringence, very low haze, good environmental stability and excellent wide-angle view performance. API can laminate quarter wave retarders in 560nm (140nm OPD) and half wave retarders in 560nm (280nm OPD) for increased durability and optical performance.
- 1/4 wave, 1/2 wave, and full wave films
- High clarity
- Uniform birefringence
- Very high performance achromatic Quarter Wave also available
- Polycarbonate based films
- Available as a film or laminated between acrylic or glass for increased durability
- In-house laser & waterjet cutting for acrylic and glass laminates
Want to learn more about wave retarders? See how it works.